Sparkling Beach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Uh hi?
Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 Emptyby Eiji Oji Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:14 am

» Random Messages
Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 Emptyby Eiji Oji Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:14 am

» Hi I'm new.
Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 Emptyby PandahFish Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:52 pm

» Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News
Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 Emptyby Dark Trinity Sat May 12, 2012 6:30 pm

» Make Assumptions About the User Below You
Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 Emptyby H-con Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:10 pm

» Hi!
Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 Emptyby Thanatos Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:59 am

» N's real name revealed.
Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 Emptyby Bika Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:36 pm

» Black and White: Did you lose interest in them over time?
Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 Emptyby Bika Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:01 pm

» How are you feeling today?
Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 Emptyby Bika Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:53 pm

» What type can you relate too?
Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 Emptyby Bika Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:51 pm

Affiliates

Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread

Go down 
+12
PurpleTurtle
Harvey Spector
Moon Baby
H-con
Thanatos
♪Twiggy♪
Strife Zephyr
possesseD
Zexion
Envyrella
Neosquid
Lavender Frost
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
H-con

H-con

Male Posts : 169

Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread   Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 2:49 pm

/Zelda. Don't care, not that I own a Wii anyways. Or a tv for that matter, but that's more because I haven't bothered buying one.
Back to top Go down
Neosquid
Head Administrator
Neosquid

Male Posts : 778

PostSubject: Re: Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread   Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:50 pm

So I got the game, and I didnt know I needed Wii Motion Plus to play it because Im a retard. .___.
Back to top Go down
https://sparklingbeach.forumotion.com
Thanatos
Thanatos

PostSubject: Re: Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread   Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 10:59 pm

YOU WHAT?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down
H-con

H-con

PostSubject: Re: Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread   Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 10:15 am

Damn, my pokémon-game in Matlab is pretty buggy. I can understand some of the bugs, but when I tried implementing saving and loading, everything suddenly became a lot more problematic, as some files are overwritten with the wrong content seemingly for no apparent reason, and that ends up breaking the program when loading. It also made quite a bit of work rewriting the variables involved compared to just choosing at the start of the game. That, and moving around can cause some bugs, especially if you try to move into fences. You can't move past them, but when you then move away, a fence pops up from where you were earlier. I know the cause of this, but I have yet to find a way to fix it without fucking up other, and more important, parts of the game.

I could use some help with finding an appropriate experience algorithm, as currently fighting higher leveled pokémon should give less exp (though considering that both programmed are at a fixed level, this isn't a problem at the moment), and I also fell that my damage calculator is unbalanced. Looking at the damage formula at Bulbapedia, I do miss some of the factors there, but my plan isn't to make it exactly the same either, rather to adjust it to my own desire.

That said, it's starting to look better. With random pokémon battles in grass, a basic load function, experience and level up, damage calculation and some sprites, I'm getting there. Have yet to implement my weak AI though, that could be interesting, and is probably going to be my next part, besides from general bug-fixing.

tl;dr
Back to top Go down
Lavender Frost

Lavender Frost

Female Posts : 455

PostSubject: Re: Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread   Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 4:02 pm

So you're making a fangame?
Back to top Go down
H-con

H-con

PostSubject: Re: Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread   Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 5:49 pm

Not really, what I'm doing is rehearsing to my exam in programming. I only use pokémon because it makes it more interesting to work with. It's not like it's a ROM-hack or anything. The game can't be distributed anyways, due to the language it's coded in. It's not a language you make games in, it's made for mathematical calculations (but that just makes it more fun for me when I get it right).

I do it because practically every function I need to know how to use is in some way used, be that either through damage calculations, map creation, movement on the map or simply relations between functions internally in the whole build.

What's annoying is that any changes in the main build have bigger implications down the system of sub-functions that can take some time to find. In addition, you've got problems I don't know why occurred, like how one of my AI damage calculations suddenly pulls out a move from nowhere that shouldn't be on that pokémon.
I did find the mistake though, I had swapped the input of two base stats on the function generating a random move (every turn has either a 50% chance of choosing a random move or using a good move), making it choose it's moves from your moves and stats, and not the opposite. One small syntax error can fuck up alot.

That being said, I just tested a build of my AI functions (rather weak, but they work better than random choice, as they choose what works best against specifically you), with account for speed.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Frost

Lavender Frost

PostSubject: Re: Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread   Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 6:20 pm

Oh I see.
Back to top Go down
Neosquid
Head Administrator
Neosquid

PostSubject: Re: Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread   Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 6:22 pm

That sounds cool, H-con.
Back to top Go down
Thanatos
Thanatos

PostSubject: Re: Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread   Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 6:32 pm

Yeah. And.... complex.

I don't jump on here enough-_-
*Punches Battlefield 3 disc*
Some stuff are really fun.
Back to top Go down
Neosquid
Head Administrator
Neosquid

PostSubject: Re: Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread   Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 6:33 pm

Youre on a hell of a lot more than most of the other members, Darky.

Back to top Go down
Thanatos
Thanatos

PostSubject: Re: Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread   Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 6:34 pm

Good point.

I might as well point out that i'm not as active as before
Back to top Go down
Lavender Frost

Lavender Frost

PostSubject: Re: Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread   Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 6:35 pm

Yeah. Ou users here dont seem to be that active. hmm
Back to top Go down
Thanatos
Thanatos

PostSubject: Re: Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread   Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 6:38 pm

How do both RM and this thread have the same conversations at the same time?
Back to top Go down
Lavender Frost

Lavender Frost

PostSubject: Re: Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread   Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 6:44 pm

Not sure.
Back to top Go down
H-con

H-con

PostSubject: Re: Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread   Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:15 pm

So after having problems with The Witcher 2, I patched it with a critical patch. After doing that, I started it up, and it prompted a setup. I chose yes, thinking it was deinstalling the older patch that was replaced by the new, but it was the game. I mean, what kind of auto run is that?

So now I had to install and patch it again. Great.

Quote :
Yeah. And.... complex.

Not really. It's just a hell of a lot of ifs, else, while and for, along with keeping track over some arrays and how they're structured to extract data from them. The core isn't more than 200 lines, though it builds on at least 200 more lines in sub-functions for various tasks such as movement, damage, exp, etc.

Back to top Go down
Neosquid
Head Administrator
Neosquid

PostSubject: Re: Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread   Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 4:26 pm

Thats kinda confusing, H-con. xD

Back to top Go down
H-con

H-con

PostSubject: Re: Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread   Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 5:49 pm

Code:
if battleid == 2
    fprintf('\n')
    fprintf('A wild Nidomite appeared!\n')
    fprintf('\n')
    fbst = bst2;
else
    fprintf('\n')
    fprintf('A wild Politrio appeared!\n')
    fprintf('\n')
    fbst = bst1;
end
HPfoe = fbst{5}(5);
YHP = ybst{5}(5);
if yourch == 1
    fprintf('Politrio, I choose you!\n')
else
    fprintf('Nidomite, I choose you!\n')
end
gamecount = 1;
while gamecount>0
    fprintf('1. %s\n',ybst{1}{1})
    fprintf('2. %s\n',ybst{2}{1})
    fprintf('3. %s\n',ybst{3}{1})
    fprintf('4. %s\n',ybst{4}{1})
    mov = input('Velg: ');
    clc
    if ybst{5}(4)>=fbst{5}(4)
        U = determine_eff(ybst{mov}{2}(2),fbst{6}(1));
        fprintf('Du brukte %s!\n',ybst{mov}{1})
        if U ==2
            fprintf('Its super effective!\n')
        elseif U ==.5
            fprintf('Its not very effective!\n')
        end
        HPfoe = do_damage(ybst{mov},HPfoe,ybst,fbst);
        if round(HPfoe)<=0
            fprintf('Du vant\n')
            gamecount = -3;
            break
        end
        randomnum = rand;
        if randomnum>0.5
            YHP = YHP-damage_mod(ybst,fbst);
        else
            YHP = YHP-rand_dmg(ybst,fbst);
        end
        clear randomnum
        if round(YHP)<=0
            fprintf('Du tapte\n')
            gamecount = -2;
            break
        end
    else
        randomnum = rand;
        if randomnum>0.5
            YHP = YHP-damage_mod(ybst,fbst);
        else
            YHP = YHP-rand_dmg(ybst,fbst);
        end
        clear randomnum
        if round(YHP)<=0
            fprintf('Du tapte\n')
            gamecount = -2;
            break
        end
        U = determine_eff(ybst{mov}{2}(2),fbst{6}(1));
        fprintf('Du brukte %s!\n',ybst{mov}{1})
        if U ==2
            fprintf('Its super effective!\n')
        elseif U ==.5
            fprintf('Its not very effective!\n')
        end
        HPfoe = do_damage(ybst{mov},HPfoe,ybst,fbst);
        if round(HPfoe)<=0
            fprintf('Du vant\n')
            gamecount = -3;
            break
        end
    end
    fprintf('Fiendens HP: %6.0f \n',HPfoe)
    fprintf('Din HP: %6.0f \n',YHP)
end
if gamecount==-3
    win
fprintf('\n')
fprintf('\n')
fprintf('            Du vant! Gratulerer!\n')
fprintf('            Du fikk %d exp\n',exp_yield(fbst))
fprintf('\n')
fprintf('\n')
close all
ybst{6}(5) = ybst{6}(5) + exp_yield(fbst);
if ybst{6}(4)<ybst{6}(5)
    ybst{6}(5)= ybst{6}(5)-ybst{6}(4);
    ybst{6}(4) = ybst{6}(4)+20;
    ybst{6}(2) = ybst{6}(2)+1;
    fprintf('Level up!\n')
    ybst{5} = ybst{5}+2;
    disp(ybst{5})
end
elseif gamecount == -2
    loss
end

That's the battle simulator's code (if you would excuse some Norwegian terms in it, it's just text that gets printed on the screen for my part). A lot of the variables are defined already from the main game, so it doesn't work without some additions. Not the most perfect piece of code, but it gets the job done, and doesn't really have too many problems (except perhaps inputing a move that doesn't exist when you choose a move. I simply haven't bothered fixing that yet).

Snowed yesterday but it rained away today. Was expected, a lot of people wanted snow, I wouldn't mind it if it actually didn't rain away so fast.

Also, exams are drawing closer, but after sitting with calculus for some hours, I'm tired of it.
Back to top Go down
Neosquid
Head Administrator
Neosquid

PostSubject: Re: Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread   Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:11 am

Too complex for me o_o

I want it to snow already.
Back to top Go down
Thanatos
Thanatos

PostSubject: Re: Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread   Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 3:36 am

never snows here. just on mountains
Back to top Go down
H-con

H-con

PostSubject: Re: Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread   Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 5:04 pm

It's funny, because I think where I'm now, it should have snowed already. I don't really mind it though. As much as snow is cool and all, I for one get a bit tired of it.

Glad I don't rely on the bike for moving around anymore (like I did back home), and just can walk everywhere (or catch a bus, but that's not often I need to do).
Back to top Go down
Thanatos
Thanatos

PostSubject: Re: Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread   Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 3:55 am

Snow, snow, snow.

Back to top Go down
H-con

H-con

PostSubject: Re: Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread   Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 5:19 pm

I made a graphical presentation of my happiness today over time.

Spoiler:

I'll go out and run off some aggression like I did today. I really do hate my life at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Neosquid
Head Administrator
Neosquid

PostSubject: Re: Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread   Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:24 pm

What happened? D:
Back to top Go down
Lavender Frost

Lavender Frost

PostSubject: Re: Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread   Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 10:36 pm

Poor H-con.
Back to top Go down
Thanatos
Thanatos

PostSubject: Re: Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread   Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 1:02 am

... Down ,down, happiness is down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread   Official Sparkling Beach  Chat Thread - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Sparkling Beach Chat Thread
Page 19 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next