Sparkling Beach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Uh hi?
Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News Emptyby Eiji Oji Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:14 am

» Random Messages
Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News Emptyby Eiji Oji Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:14 am

» Hi I'm new.
Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News Emptyby PandahFish Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:52 pm

» Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News
Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News Emptyby Dark Trinity Sat May 12, 2012 6:30 pm

» Make Assumptions About the User Below You
Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News Emptyby H-con Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:10 pm

» Hi!
Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News Emptyby Thanatos Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:59 am

» N's real name revealed.
Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News Emptyby Bika Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:36 pm

» Black and White: Did you lose interest in them over time?
Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News Emptyby Bika Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:01 pm

» How are you feeling today?
Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News Emptyby Bika Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:53 pm

» What type can you relate too?
Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News Emptyby Bika Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:51 pm

Affiliates

Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News

Go down 
+2
Neosquid
Lavender Frost
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lavender Frost

Lavender Frost

Female Posts : 455

Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News   Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:43 pm

Junichi Masuda did indeed annouce a game on Pokemon Smash, in a surprise shock announcement he revealed the games Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2. This is an unexpected move as the game was thought to be Pokemon Gray. Also 2 Kyurem forms were revealed. One resembles Reshiram and the other Zekrom. These forms were leaked earlier in a movie poster for the 15th Pokemon Movie: Kyurem vs the Sacred Swordsman: Keldeo. On this poster advertising a smort film, Meloetta was also revealed.

Discuss this major news.

Last edited by Shiny Celebi on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Neosquid
Head Administrator
Neosquid

Male Posts : 778

Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News   Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:56 pm

WHAT? Not Grey?! Woah... o_o
Back to top Go down
https://sparklingbeach.forumotion.com
Eiji Oji

Male Posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News   Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:24 pm

I'm getting the one that allows you to catch both Houndour and Feebas.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Frost

Lavender Frost

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News   Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:28 pm

They may be version exclusives or both be in either game, you never know. Theres also wi-fi trading so you can obtain both.
Back to top Go down
Eiji Oji

Male Posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News   Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:40 pm

True, but one can hope their both obtainable in the same game.
Back to top Go down
Thanatos
Thanatos

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News   Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 5:37 am

...wtf...?

Seriously?

This sounds crap, just crap. Next thing you know Ghetis is gonna be 90 and N 60.

*sigh*
Back to top Go down
Neosquid
Head Administrator
Neosquid

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News   Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:40 am

Why don't you like it? D:
Back to top Go down
Lavender Frost

Lavender Frost

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News   Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 3:33 pm

People are complaining mainly because this isnt what they are used to. They are used to getting 2 main series games, then a third game that is an enhancemnt of the first two, however this is different in how we are getting 2 new games, whther sequels or 2 "3rd versions" isnt yet known as nothing about the game is currently known. News should arrive soon though as the games have a June release in Japan, I expect news from CoroCoro in mid March or on Pokemon Smash weekly. The point is Pokemon Black and White 2 is a different thing for Game Freak. Perhaps they got tired of making a third version every time and wanted to try something different, I imagine even they get bored of their patterns. Maybe Gen 5 is a true reboot of the franchise. Or they just want to make more cash. As for people complaining about the system, why? Theres no need to buy a new system costing 180 dollars, and spending 200+ dollars in total. Those people who have 3DSes can play the games in 2D on that system. This gives Game Freak more time to develop Gen 6 on the 3DS, which may already be in development as well.
Back to top Go down
Thanatos
Thanatos

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News   Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 4:20 pm

First of all, I think they made 2 versions to get more cash. Second, i think it would have been better to make Pokemon Grey, and have a choice in story line. you could go one way, catch Zekrom/Kyurem or go another and catch Reshiram/Kyurem. There will probably be a few new locations, blah blah blah.

My highest hope for the 2 games, is that they introduce new pokemon. And i'm gonna sit here and pray it doesn't take as long for a pokemon something sapphire something and ruby something. I mean, i can't go playing Minecraft for 3 years, Can i?
Back to top Go down
Lavender Frost

Lavender Frost

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News   Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 4:25 pm

R/S remake can always be released later. Im sure we'll see them eventually.
Back to top Go down
H-con

H-con

Male Posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News   Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:33 pm

Gamefreak isn't going to put more games on the DS after this, and I doubt they'll start the 3DS off with a remake.

New content = pleased. While I doubt I'll be satisfied with the plot, it's better to have something (albeit probably bad) than having to go through something bad again. But then again, I'm very negative towards pokémon plots, so that's my personal taste.
Back to top Go down
Lavender Frost

Lavender Frost

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News   Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:32 pm

This is obviously the last DS Pokemon game,they are moving to the 3DS after this, and Gen 6 is likely also in development at this time as well. Gen 6 will probably start off Pokemon on the 3DS and then R/S remakes later, though the timeline of such is hard to predict depending on what they choose to do, cause this shakes up the established pattern of Main series pair> 3rd game> remake. Also Im renaming the thread so it can double as a speculateion/Game news thread.
Back to top Go down
Thanatos
Thanatos

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News   Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 4:52 pm

I still don't know if I want gen V to be a short one. Listen, It's got to be my least favorite gen, and I don't like the idea anyway. There have been so many new pokemon that i'm afraid a lot of people won't be able to cope with more pokemon. I mean, i'll wait a few gens, but then i'll just want new games without new pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Neosquid
Head Administrator
Neosquid

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News   Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 5:17 pm

Why does everyone think this generation will be short and that the R/S remakes will be in 6th Gen?
Back to top Go down
Lavender Frost

Lavender Frost

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News   Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 5:22 pm

Because the thing is, they have to move to the 3DS soon, it would make sense for the generation to end on the DS, and they arent really going to jump to a new console mid generation. These games are most likely what we are getting instead of Gray. The DS is an old system and Game Freak is one of the only companies continuing to support it now, but eventually they need to upgrade. Its unlikely that an R/S remake would be on the 3DS and be in Gen 5 too.
Back to top Go down
H-con

H-con

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News   Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 5:23 pm

First of all, do you think it's probable that they will launch more games on the DS after BW2? Not really. In addition, moving over to the 3DS in the mid-generation isn't very wise. In addition to that, I don't believe that the first pokémon games on the 3DS is going to be remakes. They could, but that would seriously be a letdown if I ever saw one.

That's why gen VI is the most probable
Back to top Go down
Neosquid
Head Administrator
Neosquid

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News   Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 5:29 pm

The minimum amount of time between generations is three years. The earliest we'll see this is late 2013. I think that the R/S remakes will come first. That or the 3DS Pokemon games have to wait until then, which I don't think is likely.

And recently, the gap has been about 4 years.
Back to top Go down
H-con

H-con

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News   Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 5:58 pm

First of all, why would the first games for the 3DS be remakes? You would think they would showcase new content. It wouldn't be viable to launch a DS game in 2013, even for pokémon, and I really don't think the 3DS is going to happen for remakes.
Back to top Go down
Neosquid
Head Administrator
Neosquid

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News   Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 6:19 pm

But why can't the remakes be the first games on the 3DS?

I know, a Pokemon DS game is 2013 isn't going to happen. That was kinda my point.
Back to top Go down
H-con

H-con

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News   Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 12:07 pm

Moving over to a new platform would end up meaning a new generation. It's highly unlikely, even when GF does these things, that it is going to happen. To build on that, no new generation starts with remakes, that wouldn't be a new generation then.

One benefit with not having a remake this generation is that it will shut up everyone that talks about remakes as obvious patterns, like it's destined to happen.

My point is that switching to the 3DS in the middle of a generation isn't what I would say a necessarily a good tactic.
Back to top Go down
Thanatos
Thanatos

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News   Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 3:03 am

Maybe, but I feel a New gen and platform together would be too sudden.

I don't really want 3D games till D and P remakes are released, if they ever are.

This would give everyone with at least a DS to be able to visit every region.

Back to top Go down
Lavender Frost

Lavender Frost

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News   Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 1:51 pm

Diamond ans Pearl remakes? The 3DS couldeven be dead at that point, its that far off. Diamond and Pearl arent exactly old games. They will move to the 3DS with Gen 6 most likely, then bring out Ruby/Sapphire remakes after that. I honestly think B2/W2 will wrap up Gen 5. Then they will move to the 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Neosquid
Head Administrator
Neosquid

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News   Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 3:52 pm

I stand by my opinion that the R/S remakes will come out before Gen 6.
Back to top Go down
H-con

H-con

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News   Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 6:16 pm

I really don't think that's viable or beneficial, but whatever. That's really not the discussion at hand regardless.

I certainly hope they nuke the Plasma castle from orbit. That was possibly some of the biggest failures in pokémon-plots probably ever, certainly when it comes to endings. I don't think it's likely, but I would still like not to see it.
Back to top Go down
Neosquid
Head Administrator
Neosquid

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News   Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 7:19 pm

But I loved N's Castle appearing out of nowhere. D:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News   Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Discussion: Speculation and News
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next